Opportunity for adult learners to participate in broadband advocacy

AB
Amanda Bergson-Shilcock
Fri, Aug 20, 2021 6:06 PM

Hello NCL members,

For those of you with program/classroom connections -- NSC's close partners
at the National Digital Inclusion Alliance are working with Consumer
Reports and other respected partners to gather thousands of local examples
of how much people pay for their internet access and whether it's fast or
not. This is a great opportunity for adult educators to provide their
learners with a real-world, quick and easy mini research opportunity, and
to contribute to a worthy national project! Details below.

-Amanda

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Paolo Balboa paolo@digitalinclusion.org
Date: Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 9:53 AM
Subject: [NDIA Listserv] Community Participation Needed: Let’s Broadband
Together
To: NDIA Affiliates and Friends Listserv listserv@digitalinclusion.org

Good Morning NDIA!

Let’s Broadband Together, from Consumer Reports, is gathering essential
data on internet access and speed. NDIA is partnering with them and we need
your help!

The more reports we have from consumers, the more data we’ll have on how
communities are using the internet. This will help us advocate for more
affordable and faster internet options. Plus, the more submissions we
receive, the higher possibility that you'll have local data from the
project to inform your own programming.

More information is specifically needed from:

  • Communities of color
  • People living in rural areas
  • People making less than $70,000/year

What can you do?

  1. Report your internet cost and speeds here.
    https://www.consumerreports.org/upload/broadband/?EXTKEY=BBA17EEC12
  2. Please send an email blast to your participants/students/community
    members. Also consider this as an opportunity in digital skills classes to
    practice filling out forms and submitting PDFs. We’re offering a copy and
    paste email text below you can send right to your community in minutes.
  3. Share on social media. You can find a toolkit here
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HV1H-FaY06Vp8uBumHCN3Rv0AtHMDzeUtKY-56sMYBY/edit?usp=sharing
    .

Dear XXX,

Millions of us don’t have access to internet service. And for those of us
who do, it’s often unreliable and too expensive. Together we can change
that.

Consumer Reports has a new project that could ultimately reveal if
Americans are actually getting what they’re paying for when it comes to
internet service.

Please take 7 minutes to share information about your internet access
https://www.consumerreports.org/upload/broadband/?EXTKEY=BBA17EEC12. All
you need is an internet connection and a copy of your internet bill,
and you’ll also get to test your internet speed! We will take the results
of this project and advocate for more affordable, and more accessible,
internet for everyone.

Thank you for being part of this important work, and helping ensure we
all have
affordable, accessible high-speed internet!

[image: facebook] https://www.facebook.com/netinclusion
[image: twitter] https://twitter.com/netinclusion
[image: linkedin] https://www.linkedin.com/company/ndia/

Paolo Balboa

Manager of Programs and Data

National Digital Inclusion Alliance

He/Him
paolo@digitalinclusion.org
www.digitalinclusion.org

--
To change the way you receive these messages, please email
info@digitalinclusion.org

For more information on NDIA's Privacy Policy, please visit:
digitalinclusion.org/privacy

"NDIA Affiliates and Friends Listserv" group.
email to listserv+unsubscribe@digitalinclusion.org.
https://groups.google.com/a/digitalinclusion.org/d/msgid/listserv/CACZS_cK%3D_Uuo6rgsKPcgDVLjGW5jv8GST34Om2KvkPMarZ%3D8DA%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/a/digitalinclusion.org/d/msgid/listserv/CACZS_cK%3D_Uuo6rgsKPcgDVLjGW5jv8GST34Om2KvkPMarZ%3D8DA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.

--

Amanda Bergson-Shilcock, Senior Fellow
National Skills Coalition

https://20years.nationalskillscoalition.org/
https://20years.nationalskillscoalition.org/

Hello NCL members, For those of you with program/classroom connections -- NSC's close partners at the National Digital Inclusion Alliance are working with Consumer Reports and other respected partners to gather thousands of local examples of how much people pay for their internet access and whether it's fast or not. This is a great opportunity for adult educators to provide their learners with a real-world, quick and easy mini research opportunity, and to contribute to a worthy national project! Details below. -Amanda ---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Paolo Balboa <paolo@digitalinclusion.org> Date: Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 9:53 AM Subject: [NDIA Listserv] Community Participation Needed: Let’s Broadband Together To: NDIA Affiliates and Friends Listserv <listserv@digitalinclusion.org> Good Morning NDIA! *Let’s Broadband Together*, from Consumer Reports, is gathering essential data on internet access and speed. NDIA is partnering with them and we need your help! The more reports we have from consumers, the more data we’ll have on how communities are using the internet. This will help us advocate for more affordable and faster internet options. Plus, the more submissions we receive, the higher possibility that you'll have local data from the project to inform your own programming. More information is specifically needed from: - Communities of color - People living in rural areas - People making less than $70,000/year What can you do? 1. Report your internet cost and speeds here. <https://www.consumerreports.org/upload/broadband/?EXTKEY=BBA17EEC12> 2. Please *send an email blast* to your participants/students/community members. Also consider this as an opportunity in digital skills classes to practice filling out forms and submitting PDFs. We’re offering a copy and paste email text below you can send right to your community in minutes. 3. Share on social media. You can find a toolkit here <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HV1H-FaY06Vp8uBumHCN3Rv0AtHMDzeUtKY-56sMYBY/edit?usp=sharing> . *Dear XXX,* Millions of us don’t have access to internet service. And for those of us who do, it’s often unreliable and too expensive. Together we can change that. Consumer Reports has a new project that could ultimately reveal if Americans are actually getting what they’re paying for when it comes to internet service. *Please take 7 minutes to share information about your internet access* <https://www.consumerreports.org/upload/broadband/?EXTKEY=BBA17EEC12>. All you need is an internet connection and a copy of your internet bill, and you’ll also get to test your internet speed! We will take the results of this project and advocate for more affordable, and more accessible, internet for everyone. Thank you for being part of this important work, and helping ensure we *all* have affordable, accessible high-speed internet! [image: facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/netinclusion> [image: twitter] <https://twitter.com/netinclusion> [image: linkedin] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/ndia/> Paolo Balboa Manager of Programs and Data National Digital Inclusion Alliance He/Him paolo@digitalinclusion.org www.digitalinclusion.org -- To change the way you receive these messages, please email info@digitalinclusion.org For more information on NDIA's Privacy Policy, please visit: digitalinclusion.org/privacy --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NDIA Affiliates and Friends Listserv" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to listserv+unsubscribe@digitalinclusion.org. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/digitalinclusion.org/d/msgid/listserv/CACZS_cK%3D_Uuo6rgsKPcgDVLjGW5jv8GST34Om2KvkPMarZ%3D8DA%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/a/digitalinclusion.org/d/msgid/listserv/CACZS_cK%3D_Uuo6rgsKPcgDVLjGW5jv8GST34Om2KvkPMarZ%3D8DA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> . -- *Amanda Bergson-Shilcock*, Senior Fellow *National Skills Coalition* Pronouns: she/her/her 1250 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 200, Washington DC 20036 215-285-2860 (mobile) *https://20years.nationalskillscoalition.org/ <https://20years.nationalskillscoalition.org/>*