[NCL Members] Fwd: CEF Update 12.9.16

Jeff Carter jcarter at literacypolicy.org
Mon Dec 12 10:47:34 EST 2016

Good morning,

Here is last Friday’s CEF update. Highlights:

CBO Budget Book  - As Sheryl notes, some Members of Congress use this book as guidance for ways to cut spending. She has helpfully compiled those options specifically pertaining to education. I think National Community Service is almost certainly going to be eliminated next year, although for partisan reasons, not so much for budgetary reasons.

NDD Letter - I encourage NCL members to sign on.

CR - Just to update, the CR was indeed passed just in the nick of timeFriday night.

Jeff