[NCL Members] Save the Date: NCL Annual Membership Meeting

Jeff Carter jeffcrtr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 11:45:39 EDT 2015

Members,

I have set up a registration page on EventBrite for our meeting next week. For those planning to be here, it would be helpful if you would register so we can plan for lunch.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-coalition-for-literacy-fall-members-meeting-tickets-18865579456 <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-coalition-for-literacy-fall-members-meeting-tickets-18865579456>

I also have details on the agenda. Our agenda will include:

	• Member Updates;
	• Advocacy and policy update;
	• Review and discussion of NCL priorities for rhe coming year;
	• Election of 2015-16 board members;
	• Briefing on the Barbara Bush Adult Literacy XPrize with Liza McFadden, CEO of the Barbara Bush Foundation;
	• A presentation on the U.S. Department of Education's Reentry Education Model by NCL member RTI;
	• An update on the National Literacy Directory from NCL member National Center for Families Learning;
	• An updates from OCTAE;
	• And more to be announced…

Due to the likely numbers of people attending, I’ve moved the meeting to the ALA DC office (where we usually meet). Thanks to NCL member ALA for hosting us. The meeting will start promptly at 1pm as planned. However, we will have a light lunch set up by around 12:30, so feel free to come early.

For those unable to attend, we will arrange for people to call in. I will send the call-in info next week.

After you RSVP, please let me know whether you plan to attend the CEF legislative conference (see below) by sending an email to: ncl at ncladvocacy.org <mailto:ncl at ncladvocacy.org>, and I will send you the pertinent details...

Thanks,

Jeff