[NCL Members] Fwd: Wednesday Update

Peter Waite pwaite at proliteracy.org
Thu Oct 29 17:00:17 EDT 2015

Jeff,

​

Thanks for keeping us updated on this.    I listened in on the House hearing and there were only a few questions about adult education and workforce coordination.

It was clear that for several of the panelists adult education was not on their radar and at one point Rep Kline (who sat in for a short time) asked a panelist about coordination with workforce boards  and she really didn't understand his question.    A clear indication we have some work to do.

I suggest we think about a possible meeting or invitation to our meeting to the folks at the CTE Association.     They seem to have a very strong organization.

Peter

PS   ProLiteracy submitted recommendation for changes in the Perkins Act we are happy to share.

PETER A. WAITE |  Executive Vice President

ProLiteracy<http://www.proliteracy.org/>  |  104 Marcellus Street |  Syracuse, NY 13204
p 315.214-2460 |  f 315.422.6369 | pwaite at proliteracy.org<mailto:pwaite at proliteracy.org>

Find us and follow us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/ProLiteracy/59618669707> and Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/_ProLiteracy_>.
Help ProLiteracy advance the cause of adult literacy.<http://www.proliteracy.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=971>