[NCL Members] Fwd: More on the budget deal - good news

Jeff Carter jeffcrtr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 12:52:08 EDT 2015

Joel has now corrected his correction!

Under the proposed deal, for both FY 2016 and FY 2017, both NDD and defense spending will be getting an increase of $33 billion compared to FY 2015 (this year’s) levels.

Longer explanation below if you are interested:

For FY 2016, both NDD and defense caps are increased by $25 billion each, and then something called the Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) fund is increased by $8 billion each for defense and non-defense. So in effect, both NDD an defense receives a $33 billion increase.

For FY 2017, the caps are increased by only $15 billion each, and will get the same $8 billion OCO increases. But, because the FY 2017 NDD cap under current law was already going up by $10 billion, the total FY 2017 level will come out the same as the FY 2016 level, as compared to FY 2015, for both NDD and defense.

Jeff