[NCL Members] Fwd: Monday Update

Jeff Carter jeffcrtr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 09:50:06 EDT 2015

Latest from CEF. Joel followed early this morning with more details after getting a look at the draft bill, which was released very late last night. The bill actually raises the cap for NDD in FY 2016 by considerably less than what what he mentions in his email below: $25 billion for FY 2016 and $15 billion for FY 2017. The defense caps are raised by the same amount.

Note that as of now, there is no news regarding how specific programs, like adult education, would be funded under this deal. As Joel notes below, assuming the deal passes, the Appropriations committees will set new 302(b) subcommittee allocations, and then each subcommittee will negotiate its portion of the omnibus.

Jeff