[NCL Members] Question About the Research Excellence and Advancements for Dyslexia (READ) Act

Jeff Carter jcarter at literacypolicy.org
Mon Oct 26 15:44:15 EDT 2015

H.R. 3033, the Research Excellence and Advancements for Dyslexia (READ) Act is scheduled to be voted on today under suspension of the rules. This bill requires the National Science Foundation (NSF) to devote specified funding to support dyslexia research.

My question has to do with some language in the bill: “[n]othing in this Act alters the National Science Foundation's Research in Disabilities Education program for fundamental and implementation research about learners (of all ages) with disabilities, including dyslexia, in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). The National Science Foundation shall continue to encourage efforts to understand and address disability-based differences in STEM education and workforce participation, including differences for dyslexic learners. (my emphasis)

> http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c114:H.R.3033: <http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c114:H.R.3033:>

Does anyone know of — or can anyone point me to where I can search myself — any NSF-funded research in their Disabilities Education program concerning, or with implications for, “all ages” — or adults — with dyslexia or "disability-based differences” in "workforce participation?”

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Jeff Carter
—
President, National Coalition for Literacy
http://national-coalition-literacy.org

General Contact Info —

jcarter at literacypolicy.org or jeffcrtr at gmail.org
Personal Twitter: @jeffcrtr | literacypolicy.org